My Art Studio Playlist


Friday, 12 September 2008

Alicia Keys


(black and white charcoal)
Alicia Keys is one of my favorite artists. Very expressive and poetic. So I thought it would be cool to do a big portrait. The teeth were very difficult, as were the braids (which probably don't really resemble braids), and if you look closely her ear is kinda messed up. But hey, it was also my ninth grade year.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

WOW. Alicia Keys is actually one of my favorites as well, I think you really depicted her beautifully. The shading in this one is awesome and I like how close up it is. You def. have skill in doing portraits, cool :]

Jackie said...

wow this is really different from what you normally do. i think it shows your skill level because you can do portarits of people but also do abstract and things like that. good job